a. We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you:
- Create a user account
- Share electronic media to other users and non-users
- Contact us for any reason, such as to request help with the Services or to provide us with your comments/feedback
- Post information in connection with your electronic media on public social media platforms
- Interactive with other areas of the SpaceJammit Services
- Participate in a survey, contest or sweepstakes
- Otherwise communicate with SpaceJammit (ex: email, etc.)
The types of information we may collect include but not limited to your name, email address, credit card information, bank transfer information, title, gender, and other information you choose to provide.
You have the option of telling us how you wish to be identified in connection with your photos, comments and elsewhere using the Services. If you choose to use your real name (or include any identifying information as part of your "nickname") that information will be publicly displayed through the Services.
b. When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about your use of the Services, including but not limited to:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, screen resolution, color and depth, device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Location Information: we may collect information about the location of your device.
- Metadata tied to your electronic media - when you upload your files, some media will have metadata tied to your media (depending on file type).
- We use information collected by cookies and other tracking technologies
- We use algorithms to organize and structure your electronic files for search and list functionality.
- We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services (ex: other social media sites, financial institution billing information that is used at time of registration signup)
How the Information is Used
We use the information we gather for the following purposes:
- To analyze, personalize and improve our Services
- To provide the products and Services you order
- To respond to questions, concerns, or customer service inquiries
- To facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and surveys
- To enforce the legal terms that govern our business and commercial relationships
- To comply with law and legal process and protect rights, safety, and property
- For other purposes requested or permitted by our users or other relevant individuals, such as website visitors
Shared Information Guidelines
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of SpaceJammit or others
- In connection with, or in anticipation of, any merger, divestiture, consolidation, bankruptcy, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company, or other significant corporate event (in which case the acquiring entity may use the information pursuant to its own privacy policies and procedures, to the extent legally permissible)
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information
- We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you
Our sharing is governed by our agreement with the account user who hosted it. If you contact us regarding a request or complaint about any electronic media files, we may forward your communication to the user who hosted it
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with others (public and private - depending on the internal SpaceJammit settings) and any 3rd party external settings you establish with any entity that provides the social sharing feature and that entity’s sharing practices.
b. The legal grounds that allows SpaceJammit to use or disclose your personal data are the following:
Legitimate interests We often handle personal data because it furthers the legitimate interests of SpaceJammit (or of our customers, affiliates, business partners, or suppliers) in business activities such as the ones listed below, and because that handling of data does not unduly impact your interests, rights, and freedoms:
- Facilitating free speech, artistic expression, and journalism
- Providing customer service
- Some of our marketing and advertising activities
- Analyzing and improving business activities
- Protecting business activities, individuals, and property (for example, protecting against abuse of our Services)
- Managing risks and legal issues.
Some of our handling of personal data is necessary to meet our contractual obligations to individuals, or to take steps at the person's request (ex: billing)
- If the law requires consent, and in some other cases, we handle personal data on the basis of consent. For example, we conduct some of our marketing-related activities on the basis of consent.
- If the law allows, we may be able to infer consent from the circumstances.
Legal compliance: We sometimes need to use and disclose personal data to comply with our legal obligations.
Legal claims: Sometimes we use or disclose personal data because it is necessary to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims.
Law and Order and the Public Interest : We may disclose your information to third parties if we determine that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- Comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or appropriate government request
- Protect any person from death or serious bodily injury
- Prevent fraud or abuse of SpaceJammit or our users
- Protect SpaceJammit’s rights, property, safety, or interest
- Perform a task carried out in the public interest
SpaceJammit is dedicated to keeping your information secure and testing for vulnerabilities. We continue to work on features to keep your information safe (ex: authentication, encryption of files at rest, and alerts) We reserve the right to deploy automated technologies to detect abusive behavior and content that may harm our Services, you, or other users to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, no security measure is perfect. SpaceJammit cannot and does not promise that any information will remain secure.
Data retention and deletion will be followed, dictated, and executed by user plan guidelines. SpaceJammit uses third party vendors to host and store any media that is uploaded to SpaceJammit. We may require our vendors to maintain certain data standards with respect to your user content, but SpaceJammit does not guarantee that your user content will be always secure and/or available during the subscription term. SpaceJammit does not guarantee that your user content will be available on the Services after the termination of your account plan, irrespective of the reason for such termination. Please note that when user content or other files are deleted (or your account is cancelled), those files will be deleted as soon as reasonable after prior communication to each user.
Information in copies made for backup and business continuity may remain for longer than the original data. For example, any electronic file marked for deletion, or that are in an account that gets closed, are de- published almost immediately and are permanently removed from backup copies at least 30 but up to 60 days later.
California Residents Privacy Details
CCPA categories of California personal information we collect:
CCPA description of uses of California personal information:
CCPA “sale” of California personal information
SpaceJammit does not “sell” its personal user information. We do not sell copies of our user lists to data brokers or other entities performing like a data broker.
California Privacy Rights
This section describes rights under California law, but we plan to accept requests under this law from non-Californians to the extent practicable and legally permissible. California law may permit you to request that we:
- Provide you with a list of the categories of personal information we have collected or disclosed about you in the last twelve months; the categories of sources of such information; the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information; and the categories of third parties with whom we disclosed and (if applicable) “sold” personal information in the CCPA sense.
- Provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you.
- Delete certain information we have about you.
Certain information is exempt from such requests under applicable law. You also may have the right to receive information about the financial incentives that we offer to you (if any). You also have certain rights under the CCPA not to be subject to certain negative consequences for exercising CCPA rights.
Individuals (users and non-users) should contact SpaceJammit support to exercise any rights relating to electronic media files, including:
- The documents, images, videos, files, etc. that a user uploads to or creates in the Services or Products
- Any labels, tags, comments, descriptions or categorizations that user adds to those images and videos in the Services or Products
Questions and Comments
Our goal is for each user to be happy with the SpaceJammit experience. If you have any questions, concerns, complaints or comments in any way related to your use of the Services, please send correspondence on technical questions to email@example.com and general support questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Revision Date: 2/2/2022